Tuesday, February 7, 2012

BP #8 - Going Green Again


There are many ways to make our environment green. Some are difficult to accomplish personally and some are easy. We can practice at least easy things. I usually practice several things but three of them are as a habits. These are minimizing waste of water, throwing the waste at the specific place and using environment friendly products. I believe these three activities can work a lot if we do these as our habits.


In my country, most of the people are not aware of the environment, but there were some environment casualties those making people to think. Within a few decades we have faced several storms, floods and global warming. People in Bangladesh did not faced these situations before. Now these are making sense to us that we should think about our environment. People are talking about going green, but they don't know how take care of the environment like American people do. Specifically, I learned a lot in America how to take care of the environment that I never learned in Bangladesh. For example using different kinds of garbage cans, in home and outside for recycling, made me surprised. It also taught me how easy it is to work for the environment if anybody is a little concerned. I hope to be able to inform people in our country and inspire them about this idea.


I feel surprised when I see some people in my neighborhood throw all house hold waste materials in one garbage can. Here in New York, we know there are separate garbage cans for recycle purpose but some people do not concern about this. May be they do this unconsciously, but we should not unconscious especially in this issue. I think we need more activities to let people know about going green and the purpose of different garbage can for recycling.

No comments:

Post a Comment